Upcoming LSEC & Partner Activities 2014
• 28.11.2013 : with partners ICC - VBO, E&Y, Microsoft, ISACA, B-CCENTRE Belgian Cyber Security Guide launch, VBO, Brussels
• 03.12.2013 (morning) : Mobile Security 2013 part 2, with Agoria ICT, Courtyard - Marriot, Brussels
• postponed : from our partners Agoria & the Cube, Cybercrime, Money and Corporate Image, Diamant, Brussels.
• 05.12 - 06.12.2013 : Botconf'13 - First botnet fighting conference, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Nantes - France
• 09 - 13.12.2013 : Data Protection Certification Training, by Data Protection Institute, supported by LSEC, Mechelen
• 22 - 25.01.2014 : CPDP 2014 - Dat Protection ReformLes Halles, Brussel
• 27 - 31.01.2014 : Data Protection Certification Training, by Data Protection Institute, supported by LSEC, Mechelen
• 04.02.2014 : Mobile Security 2014 Netherlands , with partner TNO, Delft, Netherlands
• 10.02.2013 : Information Security in Healthcare part 4 (morning) : embedded security, with Agoria eHealth, Diamant, Brussels
• 10.02.2013 : Next Generation Datacenter (afternoon) Diamant, Brussels
• 12 - 13.03.2014 : Security Hardening 2014, Kasteelpark Arenberg, Leuven
• 03.2014 : Information Security Awareness, best practices, tools and technologies, Kasteelpark Arenberg, Leuven
• 03.2014 : Mobile Apps Security Course, by Lancelot Institute, supported by LSEC, Brussel
• 24 - 28.03.2014 : Data Protection Certification Training, by Data Protection Institute, supported by LSEC, Mechelen
• 02 - 06.06.2014 : Data Protection Certification Training, by Data Protection Institute, supported by LSEC, Mechelen
November 2013 : VBO/FEB, LSEC, B-CCENTRE, ICC Belgium, ISACA Belgium, Microsoft and EY launch Belgian Cyber Security GuideNovember 28th, Brussels. LSEC in collaboration with VBO/FEB, ICC Belgium and partners B-CCentre, ISACA Belgium, Microsoft and EY launch the Belgian Cyber Security Guide. The document aims to inform companies and their management about a series of principles, to assist them in taking the necessary actions to improve Cyber Security of their companies and government departments. The guide also include a couple of case studies of Cyber Security incidents and leaves an actionable self assessment for executives and management to take along.
October 2013 : LSEC Netherlands and UK, IPACSO & Nebucom kick-offFall 2013, and things are simply extremely busy. The LSEC team has grown with people now actively collaboration representing LSEC in the Netherlands and the UK. The team is actively working on our current major industry & research projects FIRE (http://www.trustworthyictonfire.com) and the European antibotnet pilot action ACDC (http://www.acdc-project.eu). Both projects are making great progress, websites are being further enhanced. LSEC also started a series of new projects : Nebucom is a collaboration with Sirris and Agoria to support SaaSification of existing software applications, to facilitate the development of new business with the cloud for ICT companies. The focus is on supporting companies in their engineering and cloud service development process. In November, LSEC starts IPACSO, a new EC FP7 collaboration and support action to support innovation development in the ICT security industry, by creating an innovation framework and supporting methodologies and tools. Intended towards the ICT security companies, researchers and companies aiming to develop ICT security solutions, the project will mainly support European Cybersecurity and Privacy innovations.
October 2013 - Cybersecurity Month Infosecurity Flyers to use and distributeLSEC created some basic awareness flyers for people and companies to use for their internal awareness activities. Both in Dutch and French, they provide some basic guidance and information on some important security challenges. If you are interested in using our Information Security Flyers and basic guides, they can be downloaded right away.
Documents of Importance in 2013LSEC is constantly trying to support you in your own efforts to create awareness in your own company on Information Security. Recently the following documents from our partners and members have been published during 2013. Divulge them yourself and share them with friends and colleagues. They are extremely valuable and interesting contributions on today's information security challenges.
If you would like to be informed on our activities and developments, we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter. We will send you invitations to activities and bi-weekly information security industry reports.
LSEC plays leading role in Europe’s cybersecurity strategy as partner in anti-botnet pilots
Europe bands together to fight against botnets, LSEC leads pilot developments in Advanced Cyber Defence Center with EU support
LSEC - Association of information security companies in Europe and eco – Association the German Industry together with 28 partners from 14 European countries are launching a project against one of the biggest Internet security threats: Every fifth computer is currently estimated to be part of a botnet used by cyber criminals to infect end user computers with malware and gain remote access to them. Kicking off today in Frankfurt, the association begins its work as the coordinator of the Advanced Cyber Defence Center (ACDC) which is supported by the European Union.
The Advanced Cyber Defence Center is an important building block for the cyber security strategy of the EU. At the launch press conference on February 7th, EU-Commissioner Neelie Kroes said: “We need to protect our networks and systems and improve their resilience.
More information can be found on : in the news section
September 1st, 2013 Project FIRE, the first year- Investigating research activities and registering capabilities on it security throughout EuropeTogether with partners from Spain, Estonia, Germany, UK and Czech Republic, LSEC started project FIRE that aims to facilitate access to it security research, capabilities and it security needs in order to reduce the gap between research and academia. A lot of research activities are unfortunately known only to few in the industry, whilst a lot of research interest is undocumented and gets lost. Also in an effort to reduce industry fragementation throughout Europe and make Europe a stronger Union with a more coordinated IT Security Industry. LSEC and its partners AMETIC, NSMC, Cybernetica, ifis - TeleTrusT and ADS Group - SITC will be actively identifying researchers, research, it security offerings and demand and als documenting this during seminars and online publications over the course of the next couple of years. The first year has resulted in a series of in depth vertical industry requirements, connecting to ICT Industry representatives and discussions with a number of Research Agenda dvelopments in the Member States. Reports are being edited and reviewed. Come an join us at any of the upcoming events to find out about the latest market surveys. For more information, visit the developing FIRE website, or contact your FIRE coordinator in proximity. .
What are Electronic Identities ?
Learn about current and future applications of electronic identities on this LSEC animation.
Thanks for visiting some of our recent activities :
• 15.11.2013 : Risk Management Seminar, Diamant, Brussels
• 14.11.2013 : Cyber Security Developments 2013, with TNO, Delft, Netherlands
• 29 - 31.10.2013 : with partner RSA the Security Division of EMC, RSA Europe 2013, Brussel
• 30.10 - 31.10 2013 : LSEC- Security Innovations Pavilion @ InfoSecurity.nl 2013 ,Utrecht, Netherlands
• 21.10.2013 : Cyber Security Challenges for Industry & Research 2013 , Diamant, Brussels
• 22.10.2013 : Sophos Day ,Utopolis, Mechelen
• 22 - 23.10.2013 : with partners EEMA and TeleTrusT, ISSE 2013, Brussel
• 17.10.2013 : Security Event for FSS with Banking & Finance - Belgium, Hotel Bloom, Brussels
• 15.10.2013 : Belgacom Security Convention, Aula Magna, Ottignies Louvain-la-Neuve
• 25 - 27.09.2013 : LSEC at BruCON, RUG Auditorium, Ghent
• 24 - 25.09.2013 : LSEC at ISD 2013 - for ADCD Internet Security Days 2013, Phantasialand - Bruehl, Germany
• 12.09.2013 : Information Security in Healthcare part 2, with Agoria eHealth, Diamant, Brussels
• 04.09.2013 : 10 years of security innovations - LSEC, KU Leuven Pieter De Somer Aula, Leuven
• 04 - 07.09.2013 : Moving towards Trustworthy Digital Ecosystems, together with partners ICSS - FITCE, Leuven
• 26.06.2013 : Risk Management, with partner TNO, Delft, Netherlands
• 25.06.2013 : Mobile Devices & Security, Diamant, Brussels
• 25.06.2013 : How to secure your online applications, web portals and networks, with partner VASCO, Living Tomorrow, Vilvoorde
• 20.06.2013 : Business Meets IT: Security Seminar, organized by Minoc, ALM, Antwerp
• 17.06.2013 : Market update : m-commerce, m-payment and m-banking , Agoria, Diamant, Brussels
• 04 - 07.06.2013 : CyCon 2013, Estonian Drama Theatre, Tallinn, Estonia
• 03 - 04.06.2013 : FIRE Pan Cluster Industry Meeting, Tallin, Estonia
• 03 - 06.06.2013 : COSIC International Course, Kasteelpark Arenberg, Leuven
• 30.05.2013 : Security Research Coordination, Brussels
• 28.05.2013 : Industrial Automation Security 2013, De Ark, Antwerp
• 16.05.2013 : European Cyber Security Conference, by Forum Europe, The Renaissance Hotel, Brussels
• 15.05.2013 : BeCommerce Awards 2013, by BeCommerce, Koloniënpaleis, Tervuren
• 18.04.2013 : RSA Security Summit, NH Brussels Airport Hotel
• 18.04 - 19.04.2013 : with partners CSP EU Forum, EEMA, TDL, and the European Commission Cyber Security and Privacy EU Forum 2013, Brussels
• 22 - 26.04.2013 : ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course, by Lancelot Institute, supported by LSEC, Brussels
• 22.04.2013 : FIRE Security Industry Workgroup, Earls Court, London
• 25.03 - 30.03.2013 : with partner Lancelot Institute, Lancelot CISSP training course, Brussels
• 25 - 26.03.2013 : ACDC Pilot Workshop, Brussels
• 22.03.2013 : European Security Innovation Network Final Conference supported by LSEC, Brussel, Hotel Bloom
• 20 - 21.03.2013 : Infosecurity 2013, Brussel, Expo
• 11.03.2013 : Information Security in eHealth, Brussel, Diamant
• 26.02.2013 : Business Meets ICT -- the Security Experts, by partner Minoc Publishing, Kontich, De Jachthoorn
• 06.02.2013 : MobCom - Mobile Companion second workshop, together with our partners KU Leuven/iMinds and MSEC, Ghent, iMinds
• 05.02.2013 : together with our partner TNO, evolutions and perspectives of Privacy, Delft (NL), TNO facilities - Netherlands
• 30.01.2013 : Big Data and Security, Leuven, Universiteitshallen
• 06.02.2013 : MobCom - Mobile Companion second workshop, together with our partners KU Leuven/iMinds and MSEC, Ghent, iMinds
• 29 - 30.11.2012 : For Your Eyes Only Brussel, The Egg
• 23 - 24.10.2012 : with partners EEMA and TeleTrusT, ISSE 2012 , Brussels, Management Center
• 23.10.2012 : Special Event 2012 - 10 years of LSEC - ISSE 2012 evening reception, Brussels
• 22.10.2012 : Cybersecurity in Europe, state of affairs - ISSE 2012 pre-conference activity, Brussels
• 11.10.2012 : with our partner LAN News , Security Day 2012, Diegem Vander Valk Hotel, Brussels
• 10.10.2012 : Mobile Payments, Mobile Banking, Mobile Security Conference, Brussel, Huis Van de Automobiel
• 26- 27.09.2012 : together with our partner BruCon : Brucon 2012, Gent, Gent University
• 11 - 13.09.2012 : Nato Information Assurance Symposium, SHAPE, Mons
• 18.09.2012 : together with our partner Minoc Business Press : Business Meets ICT - Security Seminar, Antwerp, ADL
• 14 - 17.07.2012 : LSEC at partner ADS platform on cybersecurity for airports, Farnborough International, UK
• 27 - 29.06.2012 : with partner COSIC Privacy By Design and Interdisciplinary Privacy Course 2012 Leuven, KU Leuven, Maria Theresia College MT1
• 07.06.2012 : Security Hardening 2012 - part 2, Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg
• 04.06.2012 : with partner Mobile Monday Brussels Mobile Payments 2012, Brussel
• 24.05.2012 : with partner Websense Speakup Belgium 2012, Grimbergen
• 11.05.2012 : with our partner TeleTrusT In Car IT Security - Das Automobil als it sicherheitsfallThomas Dehler Haus, Berlin
• 19.04.2012 : Vulnerability Management and Intrusion Detection - Live Hacking, Leuven, Ubicenter
• 11.04.2012 : Social Requirements for Social Networking Sites, Brussel, VUB
• 28 - 29.03.2012 : Infosecurity 2012, Brussel, Heizel
• 28.03.2012 : with our partner BCCENTRE a day on the interest of information sharing on cybersecurity, Brussel, BIPT
• 22.03.2012 : with our partner Control & Protect workshop virtualization in industrial automation, Wilrijk, ConPro
• 08.02.2012 : Security Hardening 2012 - part 1, Leuven, Ubicenter
• 25 - 27.01.2012 : CPDP 2012 - Computer Privacy and Data Protection, Brussel, Hallen van Schaarbeek
• 01.12.2011 : Discover advanced authentication and identification technologies : biometrics in 2011 for you?, Leuven, Ubicenter
• 29.11.2011 : Security Management - Managing Mobiles - Bring Your Own Device , Leuven - Heverlee, Bremberg Conference Center
• 10 - 13.10.2011 : from our partner OASIS International Cloud Symposium 2011, Ditton Manor, UK
• 11.10.2011 : From our partner Barracuda Networks Barracuda No Limits Tour, Brussels
• 06 - 07.10.2011 : LSEC Security Conference 2011 - Security Hardening, Leuven, Ubicenter
• 16 - 18.09.2011 : BruCON Security Conference 2011, Brussel
• 15 - 16.09.2011 : Europki 2011 - European workshop on Public Key Infrastructures, Leuven, Auditorium De Nieuwe Valk
• 12 - 14.09.2011 : European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, ESORICS 2011, Leuven
• 08.09.2011 : Cloud Security Conference, Trust in the Cloud - Cloudtrust, Leuven, Ubicenter
• 06.09.2011 : Online Social Networking •Threats and Opportunities, Leuven
• earlier events ...
LSEC activities : you're welcome to join us to become a leader in Information Security
LSEC's main mission is to create awareness about IT security, provide a networking platform for the experts on IT Security as an international centre of expertise, and to ensure that its members stay at the forefront of technology by supporting innovation and by stimulating and supporting knowledge exchange and collaboration.
LSEC provides a single point of entry to a geographic concentration of world-class e-security expertise and e-security professionals in Europe. This website is merely a flavor of a tool that is being completed and extended , with information, interacitivity and actions. LSEC members have been carefully selected for being experts in their respectives domains of Information Security expertise. This portal can be your starting point to find information related to specific Information Security matters, and relates back to the experts and information. LSEC is constantly organizing events and sessions on a variety of Themes, made up of expertises. So do take a look at What's Happening, to find out more on all of our activities.
Formed in January 2002, LSEC is an independent not-for-profit network organisation uniting a variety of experts of IT security : users (Security Officers, IT Managers and other security professionals), hardware and software vendors, service and knowledge providers, advisors, research institutions and governmental organisations.